The 2019 'Hazard Identification Report' and 'Methodology Guidelines' were developed by Emergency Management Ontario to provide information to support municipalities and Provincial ministries in the fulfilment of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, Sections 2.1 (3) and 5.1 (2).
Special thanks to the many representatives of municipal, regional, Indigenous, and unincorporated communities across the province, for their engagement with and commitment to development of these resources.
Hazard Identification Report
The 2019 Hazard Identification Report provides a comprehensive overview of hazard information relevant to Ontario.
- Introduction | PDF version [551 KB]
- Section A: Agriculture & Food | PDF version [1.2 MB]
- Section B: Environmental | PDF version [8.5 MB]
- Section C: Extraterrestrial | PDF version [1 MB]
- Section D: Hazardous Materials | PDF version [1.8 MB]
- Section E: Health | PDF version [1.1 MB]
- Section F: Public Safety | PDF version [2.1 MB]
- Section G: Structural | PDF version [1.8 MB]
- Section H: Supply and Distribution | PDF version [2.8 MB]
- Section I: Transportation | PDF version [2.5 MB]
The 'Methodology Guidelines' provide a process for the assessment of risk.